On Jan 26th 2020, haidh began. It went on for 10 days and ended on the 5th of February 2020
From the 6th of Feb, the tuhur days start. The period of tuhur lasted for 28 days (last day of tuhur was the 4th of March)
Thereafter the next haidh cycle started on the 5th of March for a period of 10 days and Haidh ended on the 15th of March.
Thereafter, there were 24 days of Tuhur (last day of tuhur would be the 8th of April) and Haidh began on the 9th of April and haidh was for 10 days, hence ending on the 19th of April.
Now, the days of tuhur began (from the 20th), but only 5 days passed(meaning the 24th of April) and Blood was seen on the 25th of April which lasted for 11 days and ended on the 6th of May.
Thereafter, from the 7th of May, no blood was seen for 9 days and blood was then seen on the 16th of May which lasted for 3 days (therefore blood was last seen on the 19th of May )
Thereafter, no blood was seen again for 9 days and then bleeding started again on the 29th of May till present being the 1st of June
(1) So looking at April 19, a faasid tuhur began. So am I correct that my last valid habit would be the 28 days of tuhur from the 6th of Feb till the 4th of March with the last valid haidh cycle being 10 days.
(2) Will I now use my valid habit of 28 days tuhur and start counting the 28 days from the 16th of March, hence my tuhur will end on the 12th of April instead, and haidh will therefore begin on the 13th of April.
Since my tuhur was 28 days, so technically haidh began on the 13th of April and bleeding stopped by the 19th of April, does this mean Haidh was only 6 days for me, or do I count upto 10 days meaning till the 23rd of April, and that was when I should have made gusal?
The answer depends on part (a), but which day do I count my tuhur from? The 20th or the 23rd?
(3) Am I right in saying that the bleeding from the 25th of April till the 6th of May is istihaazah.
(4) After the 6th of May, I will please need confirmation as to what dates are actually Haidh and what is counted as istihaazah.
In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
We apologize for our belated response.
You state that your bleeding began on the 26th of January and it ceased on the 5th of February. You then state your Tuhr began on the 6th. The next month, your bleeding began on the 5th of March and ceased on the 15th of March. The following month, your bleeding began on the 9th and ceased on the 19th. You state your tuhr began on the 20th.
In principle, tuhr will begin from the very time your bleeding has ceased. Accordingly, there can be three possibilitiesregarding your haidh habit based on the provided information. If the bleeding began and ceased at the same time on both instances on the first and last day, this would mean your habit would be ten days. If we assume the bleeding began the evening of the first day, and we assume the bleeding ceased in the morning of the last day, this will mean you bled for nine days and a couple of hours. As consideration is given to complete days, your habit in this case would be nine days. If we assume the bleeding began the morning of the first day, and we assume the bleeding ceased in the evening of the last day, this will mean you bled for ten days and a couple of hours. In principle, a valid menstruation does not exceed 10 days (240 hours) Hence, this bleedingwill be considered an invalid menstruation. Therefore, we would determine the days of haidh based on your previous habit.
As this is crucial information, we require clarification on the above before issuing a ruling. We require clarification on the following.
1) Kindly clarify the dates provided considering the above.
2) If you determine that your bleeding exceeded ten days (240 hours) kindly provide the dates of bleeding prior to January.
You may send your clarification to firstname.lastname@example.org ref: Mirza-Zain Baig.